Summer is nearing its end and the relentless heat is subsiding (just barely). The end of summer means different things to different people. To parents, it’s that busy time that the kids go back to school. To the kids, it’s the bittersweet end of break freedom. To everyone else, it's the end of a glorious summer. The last days of summer are marked by the Labor Day holiday weekend and we've made a list of things to-do to end summer with a bang! If you're planning to move here or have recently relocated, you'll notice there's never a day your calendar can't be filled with something fun! (Note: Be sure to read to the end for our giveaway!)
Labor Day Weekend To-Dos:
I'm planning to spend at least part of my holiday weekend on the beach. One of the best parts about living in Charleston is that there's always a beach nearby!
Other upcoming Lowcountry events to check out:
- My favorite (extended) week of the year; Charleston Restaurant Week (September 7-18)
- Cheer on the Riverdogs as the season comes to a close (August 30/31 & September 1)
- King of Pops Yoga, if popsicles and yoga interest you (September 7 & 21)
- Moonlight Sails or Wine Tasting Sunset Cruise on the Schooner Pride (September 16-18/ September 7 & 21)
- Cast off Fishing Tournament at the Mount Pleasant Pier (September 10)
- Red Ribbon Walk presented by The Ryan White Wellness Center & Lowcountry AIDS Services at Wannamaker Park (September 10)
- Shaggin on the Copper with The Sneakers (September 10)
- Scottish Games and Highland Gathering at Boone Hall (September 17)
As always, the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has a great ongoing calendar here.
*Now for the giveaway- Leave a comment with your favorite Lowcountry Labor Day activity for a chance to win two free general admission Riverdogs tickets to this season's last regularly scheduled game on Thursday, September 1 at 6:35 p.m. Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 31 at 12 p.m.